Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Rehearsal

REHEARSAL
We started the rehearsal and the pastor kept telling my DOC that she couldn’t do half of the things that we had planned on. He went into this whole religion speech that was un necessary, he wouldn’t let us rehearse more than one time because it “wouldn’t help anyway” And this is our regular, attend church there pastor! I know this is just how he does stuff, but it was stressing me out. We decided to knowingly break several of his rules the next day (that ended up just confusing people more). Meanwhile, my sister gets a call from her boyfriend that his flight has just been canceled. Just canceled, that’s it, no reason, no reschedule, no solution. So she and he are frantically trying to find him another flight all night long.

We got to the RD and there were too many seats set up, my sisters BF and her friend that was picking him up were two of them, but there were like 6 empty chairs and they had us divided into 3 tables and I felt really far away from everyone. I sat next to Jeremy and my dad and I just tried to hold back tears the entire time. I didn’t talk very much or even pay attention to what was going on. I think everyone else was having a decent time. The food was good, but of course they got our pre-selected menu wrong, whatever though. Jeremy got up to make a quick speech and asked me to add to it, I couldn’t though. . . I had all my thoughts put together ahead of time, knew what I wanted to say, but I also knew that if I even attempted any of it I would start bawling uncontrollably so I passed and we just handed out gifts. My FG was SO excited to get bride Barbie and everyone else seemed happy with their gifts. We gave everyone a beach tote bag and there were a variety of items inside depending on their role. I realize that I had not yet finished Jeremy’s gift. He says ‘that is OK, we just won’t do gifts, I don’t really have anything for you either’ But I knew that if I didn’t give him what I bought him for the wedding, it would lose most of it’s meaning. I had bought him those photo locket cufflinks and I was going to insert pictures of his grandparents in them as they are all passed. That reminded me that I was going to have a locket with a picture of my passed grandmother as well . . . can’t wait to get out of this dinner, too much to do!

Jeremy figured out that we would need to have our luggage get to our suite the next night without us somehow so we worked it out that his parents would keep it in their hotel room and we could go get it when we checked in at the end of the night. So, I have to pack a bag still. And I have to pack up everything I will need for tomorrow because I’m supposed to go stay at my parents. My sister’s bf never got a new flight in, I guess there was some computer glitch that canceled a lot of flights. My cousin never made it in from DC either.

So after everyone finally made their way out of the restaurant, we ran home, packed for the next night, gave our bags to his parents, and I suddenly realize I don’t have any programs! I would have just not done them, but for 2 of my friends, their job was to hand them out. I had bought program paper at Michael’s earlier in the day and luckily one of my BMs said to me, “why don’t you just take it to Kinko’s?!” I have no idea why that had never even crossed my mind. I work with Kinko’s all the time for work and I know all the staff at the Novi store very well, I just had wanted to do everything myself so I hadn’t even thought of it! But, I did, I quickly set up the program text, emailed it to Kinko’s and ran over there. Thank God someone I knew was working and he said ‘don’t worry about it, we can even fold them for you’ I asked “how much will folding cost?” he said “with your discount. . . $10.80” ho-ly shit. I had been DIYing this to save money and it would only be ten effing dollars?! I was more mad at myself than anything else, I should have done everything at Kinko’s a long time ago! I should have done everything a long time ago regardless.

So the programs were off to print overnight and I realized that I had all the original pictures of my and Jeremy grandparents and parents weddings in my car, I asked to use their photo scanning machine, took them all down to great looking 4 x 6 prints, I was so relieved. At that point it was about 11:30 so I knew I just had to give up on my table numbers and get to bed. I went back home and on the way our first dance song came on the radio so of course I started crying (I swear I am not an emotional person usually!) I got home, packed as quickly as possible and went over to my parents house and got to bed.

No comments: