Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My advice/lessons learned

Things that I regret putting off (that I could have done well ahead of time)
-table numbers
-guest book
-unity candle
-event/menu cards
-favor tags
-programs
-Centerpieces
-Jeremy’s gift
-card box

MY ADVICE
– anything that can be done now – do it!
– If you are not a DIY person normally, don’t try to become one for your wedding
– Sometimes it is worth the mark up in price to have a professional take care of something for you so you won’t have as much stress
– Try your hardest to make sure everything is taken care of before your rehearsal so you can just enjoy it from that point on
– It is OK to delegate responsibility
- If you feel like you are about to cry on your wedding day - breathe deeply through your nose, keep your mouth closed and it helps to make it go away
– And I know this one won’t matter much, because I heard it over and over and never believed it but it is true: Don’t sweat the small stuff – your guests will never know if something little goes wrong or doesn’t happen as it should. As long as you feed them good food and give them plenty to drink and a great party, they will not care – you are the only one who will ever know. I did not have one guest ask me why their table name was “insert body of water here” no one even noticed or cared. No one ever asked where the guest book was. They did say that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding, that the setting/ballroom/weather was so beautiful, that they were having a great time, that they loved our favors. I even had a few notice the DIY centerpieces – that made me really happy!!One other tip that I did not listen to other brides on was to assume 6 or 7 people won’t show up so don’t count them in your final head count. I had 6 people not show up the day of (and 5 more that cancelled in time to take them off our count)
- Once you are married - nothing else matters

No comments: